Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Old school

Fresh from the newstand, one of my favorite magazines, doing what is obviously one of my favorite themes. I just picked up the most recent issue of ImagineFX magazine (Issue no. 86 September 2012), even though according to their website it's two months ago. This issue is their tribute to "The Golden Age of Pulp Art." 

There are all the usual great features, and free disc full of awesome photoshop tools, but all with a pulp retro twist. Lots and lots of cool video demos and extras, free textures and photoshop brushes all with that tattered, aged, cover, or antiqued look. I've only just begun to play with them, but I love 'em already.

Plus there's a nice interview with one of my favorite illustrators, Mark Schultz, the creator of Xenozoic Tales. And a history of pulp magazine cover art. And much more pulp art goodies. Plus, a four star review of John Carter on DVD! I knew it didn't suck. (Join our discussion on the League boards).

Check out their website, ImagineFX magazine (Issue no. 86 September 2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment